As a leader in Australia's transport industry, Queensland Rail provide our employees the opportunity to operate in a dynamic environment applying the latest technology and innovative practices.
We are more committed than ever to finding quality women and men to undertake apprenticeships, develop skills and gain valuable qualifications in a variety of trades for our Queensland businesses.
As a Queensland Rail apprentice, you will be encouraged to excel in your chosen trade, where safety, security and the environment is everybody's responsibility. Queensland Rail offers career advancement opportunities, where we encourage a sustainable balance between work and life outside of work.
You will perform meaningful work and receive ongoing training, while still being encouraged to introduce new ideas.
As a Queensland Rail apprentice, you will be 'hands-on' from day one. Your day could consist of:
- Maintaining and servicing diesel or electric Tilt Trains
- Installing solar powered radio transmission stations in remote and regional locations
- Repairing and installing the latest telecommunications systems
- Dismantling, upgrading and rebuilding locomotive engines and components
- Installing overhead and underground power lines and maintaining high voltage transmission systems
- Upgrading circuits and diagnosing faults on computerised signalling and telemetry systems
- Maintaining and installing cutting edge electronic circuits and equipment
Queensland Rail has a range of apprenticeships on offer, to both men and women, in a variety of locations throughout Queensland.
As a Queensland Rail apprentice, you will participate in a structured training program and will be provided with ongoing support and encouragement for the duration of your apprenticeship.