From 1 March 2013
On 1 March 2013, Queensland Rail will launchthe Rail Industry Worker program. The program is owned and endorsed by the Australasian Railway Association (ARA), of which Queensland Rail is a member, to provide a single national competency management system for everyone working in the rail industry. It meets regulatory requirements and complies with national and state rail safety law.
All contractors who conduct Rail Safety Work must carry Rail Industry Worker identification when working for Queensland Rail and present this (on request) to a Rail Safety Officer / Regulator from the Department of Transport and Main Roads.
Click here (PDF, 209KB) to view a fact sheet with more information about the program.
Current State Law requires rail safety workers to ensure:
- they are competent to carry out rail safety work
- they are assessed for competence
- they undertake a medical assessment
- records of competence / qualifications are maintained
- each rail safety worker carries identification that enables their competency and training to be checked.
Rail Safety Workers are people who:
Please refer to Transport (Rail Safety) Act 2010 Section 10 “Meaning of Rail Safety Work”.
Direct all inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org