From mid-February 2016 until mid-2018, Queensland Rail will undertake essential maintenance works on the Merivale Bridge, South Brisbane.
The bridge was constructed in 1978 and is a vital link in South East Queensland's rail network.
Project works include:
- Replacement of the existing hardwood transoms (sleepers)
- Cleaning and painting the bridge deck, cables and arches
- Installation of a permanent gantry, stair access and walkway.
A barge will be anchored in the Brisbane River near the South Brisbane end of the bridge. The barge will remain in place until May 2016 to provide personnel safe and efficient access to the bridge. There will be further barge movements to undertake future works.
From February 2016, bridge scaffolding will be erected, enabling works to be undertaken without impacting rail or river traffic.
Keeping you informed
For more information, contact Queensland Rail's customer feedback team on 13 16 17 or email email@example.com.
- Merivale Bridge Works Notice - February 2016 (PDF | DOC)
- Merivale Bridge Works Notice - April 2016 (PDF | DOC)