Queensland Rail is upgrading Morayfield station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- new station building and toilets
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded accessible parking spaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting around the core zone
- new wayfinding and platform signage around the core zone.
Concept designs for Morayfield station are available in the ‘Resources’ section, below. Early works at the station are underway, in preparation for main construction activities.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Morayfield station accessibility upgrade flyer - June 2017
- Morayfield station concept design 1
- Morayfield station concept design 2
- Morayfield station concept design 3
- Morayfield station accessibility upgrade feedback form PDF |
- After hours works - January/February 2018 PDF | DOC
- Night works - October 2017 PDF | DOC