Queensland Rail is committed to mitigating noise from its activities in a reasonable and practical manner.
Queensland Rail endeavours to reduce noise using a variety of techniques including:
- Installation and maintenance of noise mitigation systems such as track lubricators and water sprinklers to reduce wheel squeal
- Ongoing infrastructure maintenance and upgrades including the installation of continuously welded rail to reduce track generated noise
- Assessment and provision of noise barriers
- Specifying external noise performance standards for our passenger train fleet
- Early notification of neighbouring communities about any proposed night-time maintenance and/or construction works