Queensland Rail is committed to ensuring that our customers and staff are safe and secure at all times.
We have formed strong partnerships with agencies such as the Queensland Police Service, the Department of Communities, and various councils and community groups to enhance your personal safety.
Here are some examples:
- The Queensland Government has invested in excess of $39 million in security initiatives across Queensland Rail
- Transit Officers patrol trains and stations across the network
- Private security guards are present on approximately:
- 40% of Queensland Rail City network services after 6pm from Sunday to Thursday;
- All services after 7pm on Friday and Saturday night (under normal operating conditions)
- We have a formal partnership with the Queensland Police Service, with specialist Railway Squad Police investigating and preventing crime on the network.
Queensland Rail has launched a campaign highlighting the range of security measures in place on the City network, reaffirming our strong commitment to safety. The ‘Have a safe journey’ posters appear on trains and at stations throughout the City network to reinforce existing security efforts on the rail network.
This is a positive and friendly campaign to help educate customers on the measures in place to make their journey safe, as well as help deter crime and antisocial behaviour on our network. Safety is our number one priority, and Queensland Rail is always looking at ways to improve security across the network.
The campaign also encourages customers to report crime and anti-social behaviour to Crime Stoppers by calling 1800 333 000.