Queensland Rail recognizes
that appropriate corporate entertainment and hospitality can provide legitimate
commercial benefits for the organization but the nature of such expenditure
means it must be modest and undertaken with the requisite probity, financial
restraint, transparency and accountability.
Queensland Rail is committed to complying with its legal obligations,
adhering to applicable government policies and acting in accordance with the
expectations of our responsible Ministers in relation to such expenditure.
What we will do
To deliver on this commitment, Queensland Rail will:
- exercise appropriate restraint in respect of expenditure on entertainment and hospitality;
- follow directions of responsible Ministers in relation to such expenditure;
- ensure that expenditure on entertainment and hospitality is directed to achieving the best social, economic and environmental outcomes;
- clearly articulate our expectations in relation to expenditure on entertainment and hospitality to our personnel;
- pursue the optimum value-for-money outcomes at all times;
- avoid any actual or perceived conflict of interest in relation to such expenditure; and
- provide accurate reports to responsible Ministers in relation to amounts expended on entertainment and hospitality.