Rail, Safety Comes First. Always. Our
safety commitments are:
- Accountability - working safely is a condition of employment and we take personal accountability for the safety of our customers, ourselves, our colleagues and the general public;
- Planning - we plan work to ensure it is carried out safely and we regularly review our safety performance and communicate lessons learned;
- Capability - we ensure people have the correct information, skills and equipment to work safely;
- Leadership - we provide visible safety leadership and never pass an unsafe act; and
- Innovation - we foster innovation to find new ways to improve safety and we align our capital investment to strategic safety outcomes.
We ‘work safe’ every day to ensure everyone goes ‘home safe’. And we
ensure our customers ‘travel safe’ across our vast network.
What we will do
In order to deliver this commitment, we will:
- identify and manage our safety risks using an established hierarchy of controls;
- comply with all relevant safety laws and implement systems that meet these requirements;
- implement a targeted, prioritised and integrated safety strategy to ensure continuous improvement aimed at eliminating injuries to our customers and personnel;
- establish measurable safety targets and monitor performance against the targets;
- provide training, education and awareness to develop the capability of our people;
- effectively consult with affected persons about decisions that impact their safety and ensure that all relevant safety information is effectively disseminated;
- continually improve our Safety and Environment Management System;
- actively develop, promote and maintain a positive and just safety culture, and
- promote health and safety within Queensland Rail and extend this ethos to the communities in which we live and work.