Queensland Rail is dedicated to increasing rail patronage through
improved reliability, frequency of services and making rail travel
the transport mode of choice in Queensland. We are committed to building a better passenger business by connecting with
customers, improving frontline services and facilitating Queensland’s
growth and development.
We aim to be Australia's best performing railway delivering safe, on time, customer-focused and efficient rail services.
- Founded 1865
- More than 50 million customer journeys on the Citytrain network (South East Queensland) per year
- More than 700,000 customer journeys on the Travel network (long distance rail) and Tourist trains per year
- More than $6.9 billion in total assets
- More than $1.9 billion in revenues
- More than 6500km of track
- Workforce of more than 6000
- 216 stations across Queensland