You can access much of the information made available by Queensland Rail through the Release of Information - Publication Scheme.
Where the information you seek is not available online, you can request the information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
To access other information in Queensland Rail, you will need to make a formal application under the Right to Information Act 2009 (Qld) or the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld).
Making an application
Make your application using the form: Right to Information and Information Privacy Application Form.
Note: The process for making a Right to Information application or an Information Privacy application replaces the previous Freedom of Information (FOI) process.
Your application must:
- Be in writing in the approved form
- Provide an address to which a notification of the decision may be sent
- Be addressed to the Senior Adviser RTI and Privacy
- Include payment of application fee if the information you request is not related to your personal information
- The Right to Information application fee is $46.40 and processing charge is $7.20 per fifteen minutes (as of 1 July 2016).
Note: Do not submit the application on-line. This is used for Government Departments only and not for particular agencies such as Queensland Rail.
Please post or scan and email the completed form to:
Senior Adviser RTI and Privacy
GPO Box 1429
Brisbane Qld 4001
Fax: 07 3072 8389
Please note: These documents, policies and procedures may be currently under revision. Please continue to revisit this website to obtain up to date versions as they are made available.