The Queensland Rail Community Partnering Program is an initiative that empowers support of local community initiatives under $5,000.
The following guidelines have been developed to guide seekers in applying to the program.
In general, Queensland Rail will only consider proposals for activities that occur primarily in Queensland and have a direct link with a minimum of two (2) of the following criteria:
- Provide a platform for Queensland Rail to enhance its positive image and reputation in Queensland communities
- Enhance liveability or provide a lasting legacy for a Queensland community
- Provide a platform for Queensland Rail to demonstrate its commitment to corporate citizenship by being socially and/or environmentally responsible
- Alignment with Queensland Rail’s priority commitment to safety
- Support Queensland Rail’s positioning as an employer of choice
- Support the use of rail as a positive mode of transport, enhance the experience of travelling on trains or the physical environment around railways.
Preferred benefits sought:
- Naming rights opportunities, category exclusivity or activities that are not overly cluttered with multiple sponsors
- Extended audience engagement opportunities beyond logo placement and event signage
- Opportunity to promote rail safety
- Opportunity to demonstrate Queensland Rail’s commitment to customer service
- Opportunity to promote Queensland Rail Travel or any other of Queensland Rail’s commercial products and services
- Distinctive and experiential customer and stakeholder engagement opportunities
- Ability to offer engagement with Queensland Rail employees or for them to be actively involved.
- Provide details of the level of investment sought and the benefits available to Queensland Rail
List all other supporters associated with the activity or the proposed support portfolio structure
- Include any relevant support data such as market research, profile of audience, expected participation numbers etc
- Include timelines for key milestones and occurrences for the planned activity
- Demonstrate how your organisation can successfully implement the activity and provide reporting on its outcomes
- Demonstrate how our partnership will be managed by your organisation
- Provide your organisation’s ABN and state if the organisation is GST registered
- Be submitted using the Community Partnering program application form (PDF | Word). Contain a clear outline of what the activity is aiming to achieve for the community.
Proposals that won’t be considered:
Requests for partnership that may pose a reputational risk to Queensland Rail through association with:
- Activities, products or services that may pose an unacceptable safety risk to participants or could be harmful to the environment
- Organisations that are financially unsound or involved in practices that may cause reputational risk
- Activities that are for an individual’s gain or profit
- Promotion of a particular religious or political issue
- Activity that may be viewed as morally inappropriate or discriminatory.