Queensland Rail is upgrading Boondall station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Improvements will include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform at assisted boarding points
- new and extended platform shelters
- upgraded station entrances
- a refurbished unisex accessible toilet
- upgraded security cameras and station lighting
- new wayfinding and platform signage
- upgraded accessible parking spaces and drop-off areas.
The project is currently in the design phase and we are seeking your input. The concept designs for Boondall station are available to view from the ‘Resources’ section below.
A feedback form is also available to download in the ‘Resources’ section below. You can submit your form to the station office or scan and email it to
email@example.com. Feedback closes Friday 15 December 2017.
Preliminary construction works are scheduled to begin in early 2018 with major works anticipated to commence in mid-2018.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s mailing list.
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Boondall station accessibility upgrade flyer (October 2017):
- Boondall station concept design 1:
- Boondall station concept design 2:
- Boondall station concept design 3:
- Boondall station accessibility upgrade feedback form: