Queensland Rail is progressing with design development for the Dakabin station upgrade. The station upgrade will be designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Improvements will include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- a raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- upgraded accessible parking spaces
- additional parking spaces
- new wayfinding and platform signage
- upgraded security cameras and lighting.
Concept designs are currently being developed and will be provided to the community in mid-2018.