On 3 May 2013, Queensland Rail was established as a Statutory Authority in accordance with the Queensland Rail Transit Authority Act 2013 (QRTA Act). Queensland Rail Limited ceased being a Government Owned Corporation from this date and became a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Statutory Authority.
The Directors of Queensland Rail Limited were also appointed as
Board Members (Members) of the Queensland Rail Statutory Authority.
Our Executive Leadership Team is outlined below:
- Nick Easy - Chief Executive Officer
- Michelle Barrett - A/ Executive General Manager People and Culture
- Jim Benstead - A/ Executive General Manager Commercial and Strategy, and Chief Financial Officer
- Chris Keye - A/ Executive General Manager Network
- Nick King - Executive General Manager Citytrain
- Rob McAlpine - Executive General Manager Projects
- Natalie Roach - Executive General Manager Customer Service and Innovation
Martin Ryan - Executive General Manager Travel and Tourism
Queensland Rail's shareholders are the people of Queensland represented by the Treasurer and Deputy Premier, Minister for Transport and Minister for Infrastructure and Planning.
Our customers include Australian and overseas tourists, daily commuters, freight importers and exporters, and the state's major mining and agricultural industries.