Queensland Rail is
committed to ensuring its Information Technology (IT) and Telecommunications assets
are effective, fit for purpose and secure.
The acquisition and use of IT and Telecommunications assets will be
strategically aligned to Queensland Rail’s business strategies and focused on
optimizing productivity, efficiency, security and an appropriate return on
What we will do
IT and Telecommunications solutions and services will:
- be appropriately governed, according to business risk, value and complexity;
- be delivered through a service-oriented model;
- be consistent with the defined IT architecture and best suited to the existing assets;
- be fit for purpose;
- be secure from unauthorised access, penetration and use; and
- be reusable where they do not present a detriment to the architectural integrity or functionality of the systems, IT solutions or services.