We are looking for graduates within a range of degrees, diverse skills and knowledge to join our Citytrain team. The Program is open to any Graduate who has obtained a Bachelor Degree (qualification must be recognised within Australia) within the last two to three years. For the Citytrain Graduate Program, your field of study is less important than your attitude and aptitude.
The Citytrain Graduate Program is a two year, rotational program that will give you time to learn and develop the professional and leadership skills you’ll need to contribute to Citytrain’s future success. This is a unique and rewarding experience, where your journey through Citytrain will be supported by a mentoring network, a ‘fit for the future’ development program and leadership training.
Specifically, you will receive:
- Individual support from the dedicated graduate coordinator
- Regular reviews and performance feedback
- Rotations every three to six months as part of the two-year rotation plan
- Formal leadership and professional development skills training
- Mentoring program.
In Citytrain, we work in a dynamic, fast paced environment where no two days are the same. Our activities include:
- An Operating Assets team which manages and maintains a fleet of over 200 trains and ensures they are ready for service every day
- The Train Service Delivery team, with depots from Cairns to Robina and Roma to Shorncliffe, is responsible for training, managing and deploying train crew for Citytrain and long distance services
- The Rail Management Centre and Operations team controls the movements of all trains on the network as well as timetable planning and management
- Our station staff deliver outstanding customer service to thousands of customers every day, while our Security and Emergency Preparedness team make sure our customers and staff are safe on their travels
- Our frontline operations teams are supported by technical and professional specialists in safety, risk and assurance amongst other disciplines.
As a Citytrain graduate you have the opportunity to gain skills in operations, logistics, project management and business improvement, leadership and people management, safety and risk management, and customer service.
During the Citytrain rotation program, you will learn how we make sure trains run reliably and efficiently to get customers to their destinations on time every day. Rotational opportunities include:
- Learning about rostering operational staff at multiple locations and shifts
- Completing safety investigations and safety improvement initiatives
- Supporting customer communications and information with our Station Customer Service team
- Working with our timetabling team to plan for maintenance work and long-term timetable changes
- Helping plan emergency or security exercises on the network
- Understanding how our regional train crew and rollingstock teams support the long distance services.
- Graduate Program (Citytrain) FAQs: