East Ipswich station could feature your photo
Do you want to see your photograph on display at the newly upgraded East Ipswich train station?
Queensland Rail is running a competition which could see your photo reproduced as a large-scale public mural.
From now through to 19 May 2021, Queensland Rail is calling on amateur phone users and professional photographers alike - to submit up to three black and white photos (monochrome) for our panel to consider.
Photos can take inspiration from any aspect of life in the area - whether that be local flora or fauna, landmark or human-centric, historic or contemporary.
Images must be submitted in high quality via email to
firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the entrants full name and contact details. The judging panel will use the selection criteria outlined below to determine the winning entry.
The photograph must be:
- an original work by the photographer submitting the image
- black and white (monochrome) as requested
- in focus / has a focal point
- interesting to others and has audience visual appeal
- well composed with no distracting elements and fills the whole photo with the image
- composed with contrasting light and dark
The photograph should:
- consider viewpoints, as the enlarged photo will be seen from below or from a distance
- conveys emotion, beauty, artistic flair
- is not offensive, political, or insensitive
Image 1: The blue rectangle indicates the proposed location of the photograph on the new East Ipswich station
The winning photo will be printed as a 24 square metre image (5968 mm x 4035 mm) on the Merton Street side of East Ipswich station, by August 2021.
The photographer’s name will be credited on an adjacent plaque.
To be in the running to win, entrants must:
- Submit up to three original photos to
- Photos must be in black and white (monochrome) and of high resolution.
- Provide their full name to be accredited should they win.
All entries must be received by
12pm Wednesday 19 May 2021.
Competition Terms and Conditions:
Entering the competition: Queensland Rail East Ipswich station photo competition. |
|1.||The promoter is Queensland Rail Limited (ABN 71 132 181 090) of Level 13, Rail Centre 1, 305 Edward Street, Brisbane, Queensland 4000 (the
|2.||Entry to this competition signifies acceptance of the terms and conditions below.|
|3.||The competition commences on Tuesday 20 April and closes on Wednesday 19 May at 12pm.|
To enter this competition, the entrant can upload up to three black and white photos to email@example.com along with their full name and contact details. All entries will go before a judging panel with the winning shot to be announced on 03 June 2021.
|5.||Members of the public are eligible to enter. Employees of, or contractors to, the promoter and any of its associated entities, or members of the immediate family of such employee or contractor, including spouse, parent, adopted or natural child or sibling are not eligible to enter.|
|6.||The Promoter will only accept entries made personally by individuals. The Promoter will only accept one (1) entry of up to three (3) photos per Entrant.|
|7.||Photographs uploaded must be original photographs produced by the entrant and by uploading the photo the Entrant warrants to the Promoter that it has obtained all consents and licences required to share the photograph. Photographs must not contain any trademarks or copyright material of third parties or must not violate any persons’ rights of privacy. The Entrant warrants to the Promoter that any personal information included in the photographs has been collected with the informed consent of the individuals.|
|8.||Winners will be announced by the Promoter’s on Facebook on 03 June 2021.|
|9.||The Promoter's decision in the selection of the winners will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.|
- acknowledges the Promoter reserves the right to share photographs supplied on its Facebook and Instagram pages, other social media, and website, and grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free worldwide licence of the copyright in the image for as long as the image remains on the Promoters sites;
- release from, and indemnify the Promoter against, all liability, loss, cost or claim arising from your participation in this competition including the Promoter's sponsors, suppliers and contractors, including but not limited to injury and damage to person or property regardless of circumstance;
- release Facebook from all actions or claims arising out of their participation in this competition; and
- acknowledge that this competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or any other social media site where the photographs are displayed.
The Entrant whose photograph is chosen as the winner agrees to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free worldwide licence of the copyright in the image for as long as the image remains installed at the
East Ipswich Station for the exclusive purpose of making and using images of the photograph for non-commercial purposes including but not limited to:
- promoting the business of the Promoter generally including in the Promoter’s financial and annual reports, multimedia presentations, website, social media, historical records and advertising materials;
- and archival purposes,
and the Promoter agrees not to reproduce or use images of the Photograph except for the above purposes. If required the Entrant will enter into the Promoters usual Public Art Commissioning Agreement in relation to the use of the Photograph.
- reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this competition at any time at its sole discretion;
- may withdraw or cancel this competition at any stage;
- may disqualify any entry from the competition without notice and for any reason;
- will not be liable to the any entrant should the competition be cancelled or postponed, for whatever reason.
The Promoter is bound by the
Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld). Entrants can access their own personal information that the Promoter holds by writing to:
Right to Information and Privacy Coordinator
GPO Box 1429
BRISBANE QLD 4000
or by email at