Queensland Rail is proud to support the RizeUp Christmas Appeal for the third year in a row. The Christmas Appeal helps to bring much needed joy to families who are spending Christmas in refuge, while fleeing a situation of domestic and/or family violence.
We invite customers and the local community to donate a gift to the Appeal. A collection point is located at Central station until Friday 13 December. Alternatively, customers can hand their gifts to station staff at their local train station, or Queensland Rail Travel Centres in Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg and Toowoomba.
Gifts such as gift cards, gifts for girls and boys aged 0–17 years, toys, cosmetics, sporting equipment, gift packs and wrapping paper are all excellent ideas for donations. Unfortunately, we cannot accept cash.
Your gifts will be packaged by volunteers from RizeUp and sent all over the state between Cairns and the Gold Coast and further west to help support families over the festive period.
RizeUp supports families affected by domestic and family violence. Support ranges from helping to create a new home for victims fleeing a violent household and supporting children in their healing process, to raising much-needed funds for families. RizeUp is a registered Australian charity, directed by Founder and CEO, Nicolle Edwards. For more information please see www.facebook.com/rizeup
What kinds of gifts are suitable?
We are collecting:
- gift cards/vouchers – Coles, Kmart, Target, Big W, Westfield, movie vouchers
- gifts for girls and boys aged 0 to 17 years
- toys, arts and crafts, board games, toys for babies, soccer balls, rugby balls, cricket sets, Lego, baby dolls, Barbie dolls, sporting games, skate boards
- perfume, makeup kits and nail polish gift sets for teenage girls
- gift packs of bath products/pamper products - body lotions, candles
- wrapping paper, gift bags.
We cannot accept:
- weapon-inspired toys – water guns, nerf guns
- preloved, second-hand or items already opened from their original packaging.
Where can I donate my gift?
A collection point is located at Central station until Friday 13 December. Alternatively, customers can hand their gifts to station staff at their local train station or Queensland Rail Travel Centres in Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Bundaberg and Toowoomba.
When can I donate?
Gifts can be donated until Friday 13 December.