Queensland Rail is upgrading Boondall station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Improvements will include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform at assisted boarding points
- extended platform shelter
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and station lighting within the raised platform area
- new wayfinding and platform signage within the raised platform area.
Main construction works are underway and are expected to be completed in mid-2020.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Project update - June 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - May 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - April 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - March 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - February 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - January 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - November 2018 PDF | DOC
- Weekend works and road closure - July 2019 PDF | DOC
- Night and weekend works - June 2019 PDF | DOC
- Night and weekend works - April 2019 PDF | DOC
- Night and weekend works - February 2019 PDF | DOC
- Footpath closure - January 2019 PDF | DOC
- Overhead line works - May 2018 PDF | DOC
- Temporary ramp closure - February 2018 PDF | DOC
- Foundation works - February 2018 PDF | DOC
- Boondall station accessibility upgrade flyer - October 2017 PDF |
- Station poster (temporary power outage) - 30 January 2019 PDF
- Boondall station concept design 1
- Boondall station concept design 2
- Boondall station concept design 3