Queensland Rail is upgrading Dakabin station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the
Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- improved accessible parking
- upgraded hearing augmentation loops and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting around the core zone
- new wayfinding and platform signage around the core zone.
A new multi-storey parking facility will replace the existing Thompson Road carpark and will be delivered concurrently with the accessibility upgrade. Queensland Rail is working with the Department of Transport and Main Roads on the upgrade of the precinct including parking and a new bus interchange.
Changed parking conditions (updated March 2020)
While we recognise changes during construction will impact customer parking, these are necessary to safely deliver the upgrade. Earlier this year, Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC) reduced kerbside parking around the station precinct. In the coming weeks, customers and the community can expect to see a progressive closure of the Thompson Street carpark in preparation for major construction works.
In partnership with Queensland Rail, MBRC has made available 150 weekday parking spaces in nearby Bob Brock Park. This temporary arrangement will help alleviate some of the customer parking impacts during construction. However, with the anticipated pressures on parking during construction, we encourage customers to consider travelling from other stations with greater parking capacity, where possible.
We will continue to collaborate with the Department of Transport and Main Roads, TransLink and MBRC on alternative transport and customer parking arrangements.
More information about the construction schedule and anticipated impacts will be available prior to the start of main construction in mid-2020.
Artist's impressions and concept designs for Dakabin station are available in the ‘Resources’ section, below.
Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail - 'Enquiries' section, below.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Project update (March 2020) PDF | DOC
- Project update (December 2019) PDF | DOC
- Station poster - project overview (December 2019) PDF
- Project update (October 2018) PDF | DOC
- Dakabin station accessibility upgrade flyer (May 2018) PDF |
- Dakabin station concept design - aerial view PDF
- Dakabin station concept design - platform view PDF
- Dakabin station concept design - street view PDF
- Dakabin station artist's impression - aerial view
- Dakabin station artist's impression - platform view
- After hours works - scheduled track closure (February 2020) PDF | DOC
- Night works - overhead equipment (July 2019) PDF | DOC
- Energex works (station poster) - Narangba Road reserve (30 June - 3 July 2019) PDF | DOC
- Night works - overhead equipment (June 2019) PDF | DOC
- Platform works (April - May 2019) PDF | DOC
- Temporary carpark closure (western) (May 2019) PDF| DOC
- Night works - overhead equipment (March 2019) PDF | DOC
- Dakabin station accessibility upgrade feedback form