Queensland Rail is upgrading Dakabin station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the
Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- provision of disability parking spaces
- upgraded hearing augmentation loops and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting around the core zone
- new wayfinding and platform signage around the core zone.
Queensland Rail is working with the Department of Transport and Main Roads on the upgrade of the whole precinct including additional parking spaces and a new bus interchange.
Artist's impressions and concept designs for Dakabin station are available in the ‘Resources’ section, below.
Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail as outlined under 'Enquiries'.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Dakabin station upgrade - Project update - October 2018 PDF | DOC
- Dakabin station accessibility upgrade flyer - May 2018 PDF |
- Dakabin station concept design - aerial view PDF
- Dakabin station concept design - platform view PDF
- Dakabin station concept design - street view PDF
- Dakabin station artist's impression - aerial view
- Dakabin station artist's impression - platform view
- Dakabin station accessibility upgrade feedback form