Queensland Rail recognizes its
statutory, corporate and social responsibilities in relation to the appropriate
retention, management, protection and dissemination of information assets
relating to its infrastructure, operations and activities. Queensland Rail is committed to managing its information
assets in an accountable and coordinated manner in accordance with legislative
requirements, applicable government policies and principles of good governance.
What we will do
To support the achievement
of business objectives and maintain effective information governance, we will:
- maintain an integrated information governance framework to effectively manage information assets and provide assurances that information risk and compliance protocols are being effectively applied;
- review the effectiveness of the information framework and related protocols, standards and controls by monitoring, assessments and consultation;
- promote a culture of accountability and responsibility for the retention, protection and proper use of Queensland Rail’s information assets;
- provide information management training to promote an understanding of the demands of contemporary information management practices;
- adequately protect information, where necessary, to ensure it meets privacy, confidentiality and integrity standards and regularly review information management protocols to ensure the confidentiality of sensitive information assets is appropriately protected; and
- ensure we are able to respond to information requests from stakeholders in a timely manner.