Queensland Rail is upgrading Auchenflower station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting around the core zone
- new wayfinding and platform signage around the core zone.
Main construction has commenced, with site establishment in August 2020.
Concept designs for Auchenflower station were released in March 2019 and are available in the ‘Resources’ section, below.
Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail as outlined under 'Enquiries'.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s mailing list.
- Project update (August 2020) PDF | DOC
- Project update (July 2020) PDF | DOC
- Project update (May 2020) PDF | DOC
- Station poster (temporary carpark and platform closure) - 15 to 18 February 2020 PDF
- Station poster (temporary carpark closure, overnight) - 27 January 2020 PDF
- Station poster (temporary carpark changes) - 26 October 2019 PDF
- Auchenflower station project update - March 2019 PDF | DOC
- Auchenflower station accessibility upgrade flyer - May 2018 PDF | DOC
Concept design (March 2019)
- Auchenflower station - aerial view PDF
- Auchenflower station - northern walkway PDF
- Auchenflower station - western platform PDF (NGR image - photography by Dean Stalker.)
- Auchenflower station artist's impression - ramp view PDF
- Auchenflower station artist's impression - platform view PDF
- Auchenflower station accessibility upgrade feedback form PDF | DOC