Queensland Rail is upgrading Auchenflower station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to
provide a single access path from accessible station entrances to the assisted
boarding points, achieved through platform raising and upgrading
accessible parking and essential station and customer facilities. These improvements
support many customers using our network, such as those using mobility devices,
people with hearing or vision impairment, seniors, people with injuries and
those travelling with prams and luggage.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting around the core zone
- new wayfinding and platform signage around the core zone.
Main construction commenced in mid-2020.
Concept designs for Auchenflower station were released in March 2019 and are available in the ‘Resources’ section, below.
Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail as outlined under 'Enquiries'.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s mailing list.
- Project update - March 2021 PDF | DOC
- Station poster (Parking temporarily unavailable - four spaces) - late March 2021 to mid-2022 PDF
- Project update - February 2021 PDF | DOC
- Station poster - Temporary carpark closure - 22 to 25 January 2021 PDF
- Project update - January 2021 PDF | DOC
- Project update - December 2020 PDF | DOC
- Station poster (temporary station, subway and carpark closure) - Saturday 14 to Monday 16 November 2020 PDF
- Project update - October/November 2020 PDF | DOC
- Project update - September 2020 PDF | DOC
- Project update - August 2020 PDF | DOC
- Project update - July 2020 PDF | DOC
- Project update - May 2020 PDF | DOC
- Station poster (temporary carpark and platform closure) - 15 to 18 February 2020 PDF
- Station poster (temporary carpark closure, overnight) - 27 January 2020 PDF
- Station poster (temporary carpark changes) - 26 October 2019 PDF
- Project update - March 2019 PDF | DOC
- Auchenflower station accessibility upgrade flyer - May 2018 PDF | DOC
- NEW February 2021 - Auchenflower station - aerial view (from Lang Parade) PDF
- March 2019 - Auchenflower station - aerial view PDF
- March 2019 - Auchenflower station - northern walkway PDF
- March 2019 - Auchenflower station - western platform PDF (NGR image - photography by Dean Stalker.)
- May 2018 - Auchenflower station artist's impression - ramp view PDF
- May 2018 - Auchenflower station artist's impression - platform view PDF
- Auchenflower station accessibility upgrade feedback form PDF | DOC