Queensland Rail is upgrading Burpengary station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to travel on our network.
These works are part of Queensland Rail's Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on upgrading station infrastructure to provide easier access to the public transport system.
Station accessibility upgrades are achieved through the delivery of accessible station entrances and pathways to the assisted boarding points, platform raising works, upgraded accessible parking and by providing essential station and customer facilities including accessible toilets.
These upgrades will significantly improve access for all customers, particularly people with disability, older people, people travelling with prams or luggage, and people recovering from injury.
The station upgrade will include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- full-length raised platforms and extended platform shelters
- upgraded hearing loops and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting throughout the station
- new wayfinding and platform signage.
Have your say on the station upgrade concept designs
Feedback on the proposed Burpengary station upgrade concept designs has now closed.
Queensland Rail will share the final station designs with the community, once complete.
Station upgrade resources
Concept designs (November 2021)
- Burpengary station - Bus interchange and station from Burpengary Road PDF
- Burpengary station - station view PDF
- Burpengary station - platform view PDF
- Phone: 1800 722 203
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail as outlined under 'Enquiries'. For regular email updates on the Station Accessibility Upgrade Program, customers are encouraged to join the project's mailing list.