Queensland Rail is upgrading Cannon Hill station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the
Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- raised section of platform encompassing the core zone and assisted boarding point
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and lighting around the core zone
- new wayfinding and platform signage around the core zone.
Concept designs for Cannon Hill station are available in the 'Resources’ section, below.
Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail as outlined under 'Enquiries'.
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
Cannon Hills station park 'n' ride upgrade
The Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) is investing $3.4 million to upgrade the Cannon Hill station park 'n' ride. The upgrade will include an additional 80 car parks, as well as new lighting, CCTV and upgraded pedestrian facilities.
For more information about the park 'n' ride works, please visit TMR's website, or contact TMR on 07 3066 4338, or MetropolitanRegion@tmr.qld.gov.au
Station upgrade resources
- Project update (Concept design) - March 2019 PDF | DOC
- Cannon Hill station accessibility upgrade flyer - June 2018 PDF |
- Night works (Overhead line infrastructure) - September 2019 PDF | DOC
- Night works (Overhead line infrastructure) UPDATED - August 2019 PDF | DOC
- Night works (Overhead line infrastructure) - August 2019 PDF | DOC
Concept design (March 2019)
- Aerial view (Concept, March 2019) PDF
- Platform view (Concept, March 2019) PDF
Artist's impression (2018)
- Cannon Hill station artist's impression - aerial view
- Cannon Hill station artist's impression - path view
- Cannon Hill station accessibility upgrade feedback form