Queensland Rail is upgrading East Ipswich station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the
Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- fully-raised platforms
- a new, modern station building
- new station entrances on Merton Street and Coronation Street
- additional shade and shelter with a new covered area over the core zone
- improved accessible parking
- new bicycle enclosure
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and station lighting
- new wayfinding and platform signage.
Reference design (concept) released (November 2019)
The Reference design was released in late November 2019. This is the final concept which will be provided to the contractor to develop during the Detailed Design phase.
Public information sessions were held at East Ipswich station in December 2019. Customers and interested members of the public were able to meet the project team, view the Reference design and ask questions. The Reference design is currently available to view at East Ipswich station (whenever the station is open).
All previous artist's impressions and concepts are available in the 'Resources' section, below. Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail (see 'Enquiries' section, below).
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Invitation - Information sessions (reference design) - December 2019 PDF
- Project update - November 2019 PDF
- Project update - August 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - May 2019 PDF
- East Ipswich station accessibility upgrade flyer - May 2018 PDF |
- After hours works (overhead line and track works) - May 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works and overhead line activities (preliminary works) - April 2020 PDF | DOC
- Temporary carpark changes (station poster) - April 2020 PDF
- Night works (overhead line and signalling activities) - March 2020 PDF | DOC
- After hours works (preliminary works, rail corridor) - January 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works (overhead line infrastructure) - 25 and 26 November 2019 PDF | DOC
- Acoustic investigations (noise monitoring) - 21 to 28 November 2019 PDF | DOC
- After hours works - rail corridor - late September to mid-October 2019 PDF | DOC
- Preliminary works (after hours) - October 2019 and January 2020 PDF | DOC
- Temporary carpark changes (station poster) - mid-September 2019 to late January 2020 PDF
- Preliminary works - August 2019 PDF | DOC
Concept designs (2019)
- East Ipswich reference design - Merton Street view (November 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich reference design - Coronation Street view (November 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - end of Merton Street view (June 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - aerial view (May 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - station entrance (Gibbon/Coronation Streets) view (May 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - platform view (May 2019) PDF
Artist's impressions (May 2018)
- East Ipswich station artist's impression - aerial view
- East Ipswich station artist's impression - platform view
- East Ipswich station accessibility upgrade feedback form