Queensland Rail is upgrading East Ipswich station to improve accessibility and make it easier and safer for customers to use.
The works are part of the
Queensland Rail Station Accessibility Upgrade Program which focuses on providing greater accessibility to rail services.
The station upgrade is designed to achieve independent accessibility, meaning that all train platforms can be accessed independently via paths, ramps or lifts, without the need to use stairs.
Features of the upgrade include:
- a new pedestrian footbridge with lift access
- fully-raised platforms
- a new, modern station building
- new station entrances on Merton Street and Coronation Street
- additional shade and shelter with a new covered area over the core zone
- improved accessible parking
- new bicycle enclosure
- upgraded hearing augmentation loop and tactile platform surfaces
- upgraded security cameras and station lighting
- new wayfinding and platform signage.
Main construction on the accessibility upgrade commenced in August 2020.
Temporary station closure - weekend 28 and 29 November 2020
To allowed uninterrupted access for platform works, trains will not stop at East Ipswich on Saturday 28 and Sunday 29 November. All Ipswich and Rosewood line services will continue as scheduled.
A free shuttle will operate every 30 minutes from Merton Street and Coronation/Gibbon Street to transport customers to and from Ipswich station, providing a connection to all services. Please allow and additional 30 minutes for travel or consider using an alternative station.
This weekend closure is a critical step towards project completion and we thank you for your understanding while we build you a better East Ipswich station. For more information, see the 'Resources' section, below.
All previous artist's impressions and concepts are available in the 'Resources' section, below. Feedback can be provided by contacting the project team via phone, email or mail (see 'Enquiries' section, below).
For regular email updates on the station upgrade, join the project’s
Phone: 1800 722 203
Station Upgrade Project
PO Box 1429
Brisbane QLD 4001
- Station poster - Weekend station closure shuttle arrangements - 28 and 29 November PDF | DOC
- Project update - October/November 2020 PDF | DOC
- Project update - September 2020 PDF | DOC
- Project update - July 2020 PDF | DOC
- Invitation - Information sessions (reference design) - December 2019 PDF
- Project update - November 2019 PDF
- Project update - August 2019 PDF | DOC
- Project update - May 2019 PDF
- East Ipswich station accessibility upgrade flyer - May 2018 PDF |
- After hours works including weekend station closure - 27 to 30 November PDF | DOC
- Coronation Street station entrance temporarily closed (rescheduled) - 25 November to mid-December 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night and weekend works - November 2020 PDF | DOC
- Coronation Street station entrance temporarily closed (revised) - 26 October to mid-November 2020 PDF | DOC
- After hours (Sunday) works - 25 October 2020 PDF | DOC
- Day works (gas main installation) - 19 October 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works (platform foundations) - 7 and 8 October 2020 PDF | DOC
- Coronation Street station entrance closed for upgrade works - 23 September to mid-October 2020 PDF | DOC
- Weekend and after hours works - September 2020 PDF | DOC
- Day works - overhead foundation removal (jackhammering) - 26 to 28 August 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works (telecommunication cabling) - 15 August 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works (overhead line infrastructure) - August 2020 PDF | DOC
- After hours works (overhead line and track works) - May 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works and overhead line activities (preliminary works) - April 2020 PDF | DOC
- Temporary carpark changes (station poster) - April 2020 PDF
- Night works (overhead line and signalling activities) - March 2020 PDF | DOC
- After hours works (preliminary works, rail corridor) - January 2020 PDF | DOC
- Night works (overhead line infrastructure) - 25 and 26 November 2019 PDF | DOC
- Acoustic investigations (noise monitoring) - 21 to 28 November 2019 PDF | DOC
- After hours works - rail corridor - late September to mid-October 2019 PDF | DOC
- Preliminary works (after hours) - October 2019 and January 2020 PDF | DOC
- Temporary carpark changes (station poster) - mid-September 2019 to late January 2020 PDF
- Preliminary works - August 2019 PDF | DOC
Concept designs (2019)
- East Ipswich reference design - Merton Street view (November 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich reference design - Coronation Street view (November 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - end of Merton Street view (June 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - aerial view (May 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - station entrance (Gibbon/Coronation Streets) view (May 2019) PDF
- East Ipswich concept - platform view (May 2019) PDF
Artist's impressions (May 2018)
- East Ipswich station artist's impression - aerial view
- East Ipswich station artist's impression - platform view
- East Ipswich station accessibility upgrade feedback form