Queensland Rail is
committed to ensuring that its financial activities are undertaken in a manner
that is appropriate, defensible and consistent with all statutory requirements,
applicable accounting standards and Queensland Government requirements. Within these parameters, the Board determines
the limits and requirements for financial activities within Queensland Rail and
its subsidiary Queensland Rail Limited.
What we will do
To ensure Queensland Rail
operates within the prescribed limits and requirements, we will:
- satisfy the requirements prescribed in the Queensland Rail Transit Authority Act 2013, Financial Accountability Act 2009, Statutory Bodies Financial Arrangements Act 1982, Corporations Act 2001, and the applicable Australian Accounting Standards;
- ensure decisions relating to financial and accounting matters are sound and defensible;
- ensure the annual financial reports submitted to responsible Ministers are a fair, accurate and complete representation of the financial affairs of Queensland Rail (and its related entities) and have been audited by Queensland Audit Office;
- provide appropriate guidance to all Queensland Rail employees, contractors and consultants about the broad financial disciplines that Queensland Rail is subjected to and the issues it encounters every day, including the imposition of limits where applicable;
- require personnel to observe all Board-imposed constraints on financial activities and the limits of financial delegations;
- undertake procurement activities with integrity using the most efficient business practices to achieve the best value outcomes, and
- ensure all expenditure is reasonable, achieving optimum value-for-money outcomes at all times and is otherwise able to withstand public scrutiny.