Queensland Rail will implement
an integrated whole-of-life approach to managing its extensive portfolio of
assets in a sustainable and effective manner given those assets are significant
to the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of Queensland
Rail and the State.
What we will do
To ensure that Queensland
Rail achieves these stated Policy objectives, we will:
- develop business-specific Strategic Asset Management Plans linking asset management objectives to organisational objectives and outlining the framework to achieve this;
- produce system/corridor-specific Asset Management Plans that apply a risk-based approach to managing the condition of the asset while ensuring the needs of the customer are met;
- apply holistic, integrated and structured management processes for the entire asset lifecycle;
- implement relevant systems and technologies and support their effective application to enhance the benefits our assets generate and to make better informed investment decisions in relation to those assets;
- assign and enforce accountabilities for cost effective asset management across the asset’s entire lifecycle; and
- continue to drive a commercial and customer-focussed culture in relation to the management of our asset portfolio.