You are permitted to travel on Citytrain services with your bike at all times during weekends and public holidays.
Bicycles are permitted on weekdays at all times, excluding the following peak times due to safety, customer service, cleanliness and capacity issues:
- Between 7:00am - 9:30am towards the CBD
- Between 3:00pm - 6:30pm outwards from the CBD.
To avoid travelling during these peak times, all customers with bicycles must complete their morning journey by 7:00am toward the CBD and complete their afternoon journey from the CBD by 3:00pm. Passengers with bicycles are permitted to travel in the following opposite direction avoiding the specified peak times above.
During peak hours, bicycles will not be permitted to pass through the CBD (Fortitude Valley, Central and Roma Street).
Passengers with fold-up bicycles are permitted to travel at anytime as long as they are contained in a carry bag and are within the following dimensions, 79cm x 59cm x 36cm.
Please note: If you are found travelling with a bicycle during peak times, you may be asked to leave the train until an appropriate service is available.
Using your bicycle is a great way to get around south-east Queensland. Queensland Rail makes it even easier with our secure bike lockers and online booking system.
Online booking system
Queensland Rail supplies bike lockers and bike compounds at many of our stations for our customers.
Individual lockers and shared compounds are provided at many stations to help prevent theft or vandalism of your bicycle. They are issued to people 18 years of age or older and, subject to availability, can be booked for up to three months at a time.
Our bike locker online booking system provides flexibility and convenience for you to self-manage your bicycle parking at more than 2500 spaces across at over 110 stations across the Citytrain network. You can check availability, renew, cancel or make a new reservation online. No more queuing at the station to submit an application form.
Simply register online and book a locker, pay your $50 deposit and collect the key. You must have a valid email address so we can remind you when it is time to renew your booking. Speak with your local station customer service officers for more information.
The key to your bicycle locker or bicycle compound is your responsibility and if lost will be the subject of a $50 replacement fee.
Please click below to view the terms and conditions.
Booking and payment policy
- When making application for a bicycle locker or bicycle compound parking space, applicants must produce identification that Queensland Rail, in its sole discretion, deems sufficient to positively identify the applicant and their current residential address. The applicant must not produce identification which is false or inaccurate or belonging to another person.
- Applicants must inform Queensland Rail of any change of contact details.
- When applying using the application form, or online, the $50 deposit must be made before or at the time of collecting the key at the station.
- Approval to use a locker is for up to 90 days only and applicants must renew their applications before expiration to ensure continuation of use and non-forfeiture of their deposit.
- Bike lockers and compound parking are provided at selected Queensland Rail stations for the exclusive use of Queensland Rail customers. To ensure individual use of a locker or compound space, customers are required to submit the form or register online and pay a refundable deposit of $50.
- The number of bike lockers and compound parking varies at each station. Lockers and compound spaces will be issued on a “first in, first served” basis, subject to availability and successful completion of an application. If a locker or compound space is not available at the time of application, the applicant can register their interest and their details will be retained for contacting when a locker or compound space becomes available.
- Lockers and compound spaces must not be used for any purpose other than storing or securing a bicycle or associated equipment.
- Lockers or compound spaces will only be issued to persons 18 years of age or older. The person in whose name the locker is issued is responsible for the use of the locker. (Parents/guardians may obtain lockers for the use of their children but the parent/guardian will be held responsible for the lockers use).
- All lockers should be kept locked at all times.
- If the key is lost, Queensland Rail will make every effort to release the bicycle or associated equipment. The applicant’s $50 deposit will be forfeited to replace the lock and key, and a new $50 deposit will be required at the time of collection of the replacement key for continued use of the locker or compound space.
- Queensland Rail reserves the right to open and inspect a locker if there is any doubt as to a locker’s use, or to carry out necessary maintenance. If Queensland Rail reasonably believes the locker or compound space is used infrequently, Queensland Rail reserves the right to change the lock and reissue the locker or compound space.
- The holder must make every effort to keep their locker or compound space free of litter and debris and use reasonable endeavours to ensure the immediate surrounds are kept clean and tidy.
- The holder uses the locker and compound at their own risk.
- The applicant agrees and acknowledges that Queensland Rail accepts no liability for damage or theft of property from the facilities provided.
- Queensland Rail reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time.
- Any damage to the locker or compound or loss of key must be reported to:
i. A Queensland Rail Station Officer during working hours; or
ii. The Queensland Rail Maintenance Depot on (07) 3265 8521 (extended working hours).
- Persons who have a locker or compound parking allocated to them must ensure that any other person/s, who they allow to use the locker, is fully aware of the Terms Conditions.
- Should the applicant not comply with any of the above conditions, Queensland Rail reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time, and remove the contents to storage where it will be held until collected or disposed of through public auction. The lock will be changed and the locker or compound space reallocated to another applicant. The $50 deposit will be forfeited.
- The $50 deposit will be refunded :
i. when holder returns the key and cancels the booking at any time prior to the expiration of the term; or
ii. when a holder returns the key within 7 days after the expiration of the booking term.
- The deposit will be refunded, reduced by any amounts claimed by Queensland Rail under the terms of this agreement that have not been reinstated.
Travelling with your bicycle on trains
- You are permitted to travel on a Queensland Rail city service with your bike at all times during weekends and public holidays.
- Bicycles are permitted on Queensland Rail city services on weekdays at all times, excluding the following peak times due to safety, customer service, cleanliness and capacity issues:
i. Between 7.00am and 9.30am towards the CBD; and
ii. Between 3.00pm and 6.30pm outwards from the CBD.
- To avoid travelling during these peak times, all customers with bicycles must complete their morning journey by 7am toward the CBD and complete their afternoon journey
from the CBD by 3pm.
- During these peak times and flow, customers with bicycles are permitted to travel in the opposite direction avoiding the specified peak times and flow above.
- During peak hours, bicycles will not be permitted to pass through the CBD (Fortitude Valley, Central and Roma Street).
- Customers with fold-up bicycles are permitted to travel at any time as long as their bicycles are contained in a carry bag and are within the following dimensions, 79cm x 59cm x 36cm.
If you are found travelling with a bicycle during peak flow times, you may be asked to leave the train until an appropriate service is available.
Bicycle locker booking system
System outage: Saturday 21 May 2016
The online booking system will undergo scheduled maintenance from 10.00pm on Saturday 21 May until 12.00am on Sunday 22 May 2016.
Queensland Rail apologises for any inconvenience caused.
If you do not have an email address click here to download a bicycle management form, complete it in full and return it to your station.
Once you have made your booking you can pay your key deposit at the time of collecting your key from the station.
Keys are held at the stations with lockers except for:
- Ascot Station: keys must be collected from Doomben Station
- Elimbah and Beerburrum Stations: key must be collected from Caboolture Station
- Mooloolah Station: keys must be collected from Landsborough Station
- Woombye Station: keys must be collected from Nambour Station.
To comment on Queensland Rail's bicycle facilities visit your
local station or