You are permitted to travel on Citytrain services with your bike at all times during weekends and public holidays.
Bicycles are permitted on weekdays at all times, excluding the following peak times due to safety, customer service, cleanliness and capacity issues:
- Between 7:00am - 9:30am towards the CBD
- Between 3:00pm - 6:30pm outwards from the CBD.
To avoid travelling during these peak times, all customers with bicycles must complete their morning journey by 7:00am toward the CBD and complete their afternoon journey from the CBD by 3:00pm. Passengers with bicycles are permitted to travel in the following opposite direction avoiding the specified peak times above.
During peak hours, bicycles will not be permitted to pass through the CBD (Fortitude Valley, Central and Roma Street stations).
Passengers with fold-up bicycles are permitted to travel at any time as long as they are contained in a carry bag and are within the following dimensions, 90cm x 70cm x 36cm.
Please note: If you are found travelling with a bicycle during peak times, you may be asked to leave the train until an appropriate service is available.
Using your bicycle is a great way to get around South East Queensland. Queensland Rail makes it even easier with our secure bicycle storage booking system.
Online booking system
Bicycle lockers and shared compounds are provided at many of our stations to help prevent theft or vandalism.
You can book a bicycle locker or access to a shared compound for up to three months at a time (subject to availability). You must be 18 years of age or over to book.
The online booking system provides flexibility and convenience for you to manage your bicycle parking at over 110 stations offering 3000 spaces across the Citytrain network. You can check availability, renew, cancel, make a new reservation or join a waitlist.
Simply register online, book a locker/compound, pay your $50 deposit and collect the fob/key from the station. You will need a valid email address so we can remind you when it is time to renew your booking.
The key to your bicycle locker or bicycle compound is your responsibility and if lost will be the subject of a $50 replacement fee.
Please view the full terms and conditions below.
Terms and conditions
Licence to use a bike locker or compound
- You can apply for a licence to occupy a bike locker or compound by
making an online application. Where a locker or compound is available we will advise you that you are successful and give you the details of the next steps.
- If you apply for a licence and there are none available at your preferred station you can choose to go on a waiting list.
- We will cancel your licence and re-allocate your spot to someone else if you do not pick up the key within 14 days of us telling you that you have been successful in obtaining a licence.
- We will need to see valid photo identification that matches the licence application before we will release the key to you.
- We will not charge you a fee for the licence. However, you are required to provide us with a $50 deposit, which will be refunded in certain circumstances (see below).
- You must be 18 years old to obtain the licence to occupy a bike locker or compound space. Parents/guardians may obtain lockers for the use of their children but the parent/guardian will be held responsible for the use of lockers.
- Each licence to use a bike locker or compound is valid for 90 days. You can apply to renew prior to the expiry of the term then we will extend your licence by an additional 90 days.
- Licences for a bike locker or compound will only be issued to Queensland Rail customers.
- You can only store bikes and associated equipment in the bike locker or compound and you should keep the licenced area clean, tidy and locked at all times.
- We can open and inspect a locker if we have a reasonable suspicion that it is not being used exclusively for storing bikes, or to carry out necessary maintenance, or for any other lawful purpose.
- You must use our lock and key. You cannot use your own locks on our bike lockers or compounds. If you do use your own lock you give us permission to take reasonable steps (including breaking the lock) to access the bike locker or compound if we, reasonably, need to do so.
- Please report any damage to the locker or compound or loss of the issued key as soon as you become aware of it. This can be done via the online bike storage booking system, or speak to station staff.
- If you return your key and cancel your booking via our online portal we will refund your deposit via electronic funds transfer.
- You will forfeit your deposit to us in the following circumstances:
- you do not return the key within 14 days of the end of your licence period; or
- you lose your key and we are forced to replace the lock and key. A new $50 deposit will be required prior to the release of a replacement key to you for continued use of the locker or compound space; or
- you breach these conditions and we suffer loss.
- If you leave your bike or other goods in the bike locker at the expiry of your licence term then you agree that we can remove the contents to a storage place. If you do not collect these items within two months of the item being placed in storage we will consider it lost property and donate the items to our charity partners in accordance with our lost property processes.
Disclaimers and general terms
- Queensland Rail can terminate this licence at any time if we give you 30 days’ notice.
- You use the bike locker and/or compound at your own risk and agree and acknowledge that Queensland Rail has no liability for damage or theft of property from the facilities provided
- We can amend these terms and conditions at any time and the updated terms will apply to all licences issued after the date of amendment.
Date of Last Amendments: 21 October 2019
Bicycle locker booking system
- New customers, click here
- Returning existing customers, click here. (Please note a new online booking system was implemented on 21 October 2019).
Once you have made your booking and paid your deposit online, please collect your fob/key from the station.
Fobs/keys are held at the stations with lockers/compounds except for:
- Ascot station: keys must be collected from Doomben station
- Elimbah and Beerburrum stations: key must be collected from Caboolture station
- Mooloolah station: keys must be collected from Landsborough station
- Woombye station: keys must be collected from Nambour station
- Kallangur and Murrumba Downs stations: keys to be collected from Petrie station
- Mango Hill East and Rothwell stations: keys are to be collected from Kippa-Ring station.
To comment on the bicycle facilities, speak to a member of staff at your
If you require assistance with the online booking system, please contact our stations customer service team on 3072 8881 (Option 2), email
email@example.com or speak to a member of staff at your station.
Privacy Collection Statement
We are collecting your personal information, including bank account details, in order to evaluate your application and give you a licence to occupy a bike locker or compound. We will only share your personal information with third parties to the extent that we need to in order to satisfy this purpose. Queensland Rail handles your personal information in accordance with our