Queensland Rail stations and services signify an important part of life for many of our South East Queensland customers. Our customers use our services to commute to work, school, major events, or to access attractions such as South Bank, or Gold Coast theme parks.
We involve local communities in as many ways as possible when identifying new crime prevention opportunities or addressing existing crime problems.
We have formed strong partnerships with agencies such as Crime Stoppers Queensland, the Department of Communities, and various councils and community groups to enhance your personal safety.
We engage with communities about safety and security in the following ways:
- Positive pARTnerships public artwork projects
- customer surveys
- working with community members (including young people) to develop policy
- working with Department of Communities to provide alternative justice options for young people caught offending on the network
- a formal partnership with Crime Stoppers to encourage customers to report crime.
- Community Rail Safety Education
Effective reporting is the only way to help stop graffiti, vandalism, and other crimes against people or property. Call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 to anonymously report a crime or visit the