Queensland Rail is committed to improving the safety and security of our network to ensure customers feel safe on our trains and at our stations.
We invested almost $2 million to construct a new Queensland Police Service (QPS) outpost at Northgate station to enhance security on the inner Caboolture, Shorncliffe and Doomben lines, with the aim of reducing the risk of crime on the northern rail network through a heightened police presence.
This outpost is the eighth in South East Queensland, joining Robina, Roma Street, Manly, Beenleigh, Petrie, Ipswich and Redbank. It will be staffed by eight officers, who will work with colleagues based at Petrie station to respond to crime incidents across the northern lines.
Construction is now complete.
The addition of the Northgate QPS outpost will enable quicker response times to incidents on the inner Caboolture, Shorncliffe and Doomben lines and help to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour on the northern section of the network.
Keeping you informed
Work on the construction of the police outpost finished in May 2019, and the police rail squad will move in in the coming months.
We thank all of our customers and the local community for your patience and cooperation during construction.
For more information about this project, phone 13 16 17 (between 8am and 5pm, Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Works notice - project update (July 2019) PDF | DOC
- Works notice - carpark closure (January 2019) PDF | DOC
- Works notice - carpark closure extension (January/February 2019) PDF | DOC
- Works notice - project update (December 2018) PDF | DOC
- Works notice - changed station access (August 2018)
- Works notice - summary of works (August 2018) PDF|
- Works notice - carpark closure (August 2018) PDF | DOC
- Works notice - carpark closure (March 2017) PDF | DOC